Sunday 18 January 2015

Forget Food, Think Felt

Are you trying to constantly find something new for your little one to play with around the house? Are they bored of their own toys already? Do they always touch things they shouldn't? Wouldn't it be nice to have a bit of quiet time play? Today I discovered how we can introduce play and imagination through low budget items and most importantly are safe.
Finding a pack of felt sheets from my sewing room, I instantly thought of my son playing with it. What to do with it? Well they are so colourful and versatile it's hard to choose! As he already has a wooden pizza set, I simply took my nearest pair of scissors and cut out some chips (fries), peas and ketchup. I know it's not the healthiest option but for play food it was great fun. Not only did he enjoy it but he was having a quiet time exploring on the plate. It would be great for counting too...


2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. I love the idea of using the items for counting. I have a 3 year old granddaughter, this would be perfect for her. She loves playing with her plastic fruit and vegetables. You already have me thinking what items I could make. Thanks for sharing on Sunday's Best linkup. Please share more of your awesome ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! I agree, great for counting! This felt pack cost me £1.00 and it was a perfect activity. So versatile! Thank you for the chance to share,

    Monica
    Mama Bee Simple

    ReplyDelete